Why close the thread when there's no real need for that?

monday

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
I'd say moderation of ugbase was kinda unique, because it didn't lock/punish/use-tools when the post/user wasn't really breaking any rules. Now I want to post an answer and can't. What do I do? Create separate topic? Pm the thread creator and everyone who I suspect would be interested in getting solution to that answer?

Attachments

• 1585924184713.png
    1585924184713.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 29

monday

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@Renglee
that's an example of the whole code
Code:
{$CLEO}
0000:

repeat
wait 0
until 0AFA:  is_samp_available

0B34: samp register_client_command "original_command" to_label @original_command_handler
0B34: samp register_client_command "new_command" to_label @replacement_command_handler

while true
wait 0
end

:original_command_handler
0B43: samp cmd_ret

:replacement_command_handler
say "/original_command"
0B43: samp cmd_ret
registering original command using "0b34" will prevent it from being sent to the server (and do nothing because "original_command_handler" does nothing). The replacement will sent the original command to server

Parazitas

God
Solutions
Reaction score
With say doesn't work , i'm sure , to run sf command use process input opcode

_Safa

Reaction score
I'd say moderation of ugbase was kinda unique, because it didn't lock/punish/use-tools when the post/user wasn't really breaking any rules.

I think it was the right choice to close that topic as everyone was just repeating the same thing. The solution was more than obvious and clear to understand. If there is no code provided we could fix to make it ready2use for him, then I don't think your code you posted here will help him.

What do I do? Create separate topic? Pm the thread creator and everyone who I suspect would be interested in getting solution to that answer?

I re-opened the thread for once. You can post your hopefully helpful code now.

Zin

Expert
Reaction score
Pm the thread creator and everyone who I suspect would be interested in getting solution to that answer?
I'm all for helping out any other potential people who might have the same issue, but this thread in particular doesn't appear to make any sense and I can't see it helping anyone else even despite you posting a solution because of that. Also I don't see why not make a new thread and just title it something like "Replacing commands in CLEO" could label it as "CLEO concepts" or something as it's not really a snippet but a technique that the person with the necessary skills can implement.

_Safa

Reaction score
but this thread in particular doesn't appear to make any sense and I can't see it helping anyone else even despite you posting a solution because of that.
That's pretty much it. The thread creator was just repeating himself and people kept responding with the same obvious solution. So it was senseless imo.

monday

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
no one in that thread explained how it can be achieved. The examples were either incorrect, incomplete or both.

It was assumed by you that:
- he understands that registering command using sampfuncs prevents that command from being sent to server
- he is aware of the required parts every cleo should have (e.g. "$CLEO, 0000: opcode, constant loop with "wait" that prevents locking, check for samp.dll being loaded before 0b34 is used)
- he understands that the first example provided by KamikazeSripterul has a mistake because it registers both commands to the same label

And all these assumptions are made towards a guy who registered today, so probably doesn't know much about cleo.

Don't want to spend your time/effort to explain things? No one is forcing you. By locking such threads you block others from doing so

Zin

Expert
Reaction score
I tested it before posting and it worked properly
Exactly proof that we couldn't really tell what he wanted as you need to use "process input" if you mean to send your own client commands as "say" will actually send it to the server (so you can actually type /Q with nothing happening using "say"). It wasn't really worthy of being a thread and also he just gave the same useless responses like "doesn't work" which doesn't help anyone.